Monday 31 December 2012

You are what you read



I am an academic and so i often find ways to let my hair down and relax the use of my brain. Lately, i find myself visiting some blogs that frankly make me feel dumber once i go through the lot. It sounds weird i know but that's honestly the truth. Time goes by really quickly so i have decided not to waste any more time reading anything on any website that does not add to my knowledge or expand my horizon. Whats the point of knowing that kim kardashian is pregnant for kanye west if its actually not going to solve world hunger? Some peoples destiny is to revel in such information and perhaps make money from all of it. That's fine. I doubt that's what my path in life is supposed to be and so i have to put a stop to it. I have decided to stop visiting such websites and spend my free time doing more productive (lighter) things. I'd rather give my time caring for abandoned children than sit in front of my laptop reading irrelevant news. I do not want to wake up one day when i am 60 and realise i have not made any contribution to humanity.


xoxo

No comments:

Post a Comment