Friday 4 January 2013

The English Nurse


I spent my whole day at the Hepatology Unit of the Royal free Hospital in Hampstead. If i had to rate hospitals in London this would be my best. There is something so different about this place..i cant seem to put a finger on it. I have been on numerous visits to what seems to be a million hospitals but i have never experienced the hard work the nurses do. I mean, i know what nurses do in theory but experiencing it today was a whole different thing. Nurses over here work so hard. They do all the dirty jobs doctors do not do and they are always so warm and pleasant whilst doing it.

The secondary care unit had a lot of patients who needed a lot of care and monitoring and quite frankly, i became exhausted just watching them do their job as its so demanding and challenging..but they did it with so much joy and a huge smile on their face all the time. I also cannot forget the burst of energy and sense of humour they all had. I think all nurses that work in secondary care units should be paid a lot of money and given bonuses for the amount of work they put it. My respect for nurses has tripled due to this experience and it is my hope that the general public give them the respect they deserve. In my opinion, they should be getting similar respect as some doctors do eg (GP's). Infact, i respect English nurses more than i do Nigerian doctors.  Id probably get a telling off for this but hey, after my experience today, this is my current standing.  All hail the English Nurse :)

No comments:

Post a Comment