Saturday 23 March 2013

Malaria Conference Cambridge


I attended the Malaria conference in Downing college, Cambridge for two days. I was absolutely pleased i did because i learnt a lot. Life of a PhD student is not so bad afterall. There were so many interesting malaria centred talks. From genetics to cell biology, from public health to genomics, from economics of diseases to epigenetics. It was truely an awesome experience.

Speakers came from different parts of the world where they carry out research and it was a lovely networking experience for me. Malaria researchers are really doing a lot to stop the burden of this awful disease and i am very honoured to be a part of them. Downing college in Cambridge is a lovely place. I felt at home being an Oxford student as the inter-collegiate system is the same. Infact the college is reminiscent of my college at Oxford. Although my love for Oxford is undying...Cambridge is also really beautiful.

I saw this lovely cathedral on my way. I have a thing for cathedrals. LOVE!



Downing College, Cambridge. Love the pillars. My bedroom was in this building. I had a snoozefest :)


Malaria Conference at the Howard building



The Downing College quad


 I and a few cool scientists went to a pub called the Eagle. This is where Watson and Crick discussed their lab results that led to the discovery of DNA (the double helix). As you can imagine i was mega excited and took pictures to show that.


The Discovery of DNA..with my reflection hehe

Where Watson and Crick sat probably with  a pint of beer


I met lovely people on this trip and i am happy to be more acquainted with fellow scientists who share the same passion and are dedicated to a very important cause. I look forward to presenting my research on the next trip :)

 xoxo

No comments:

Post a Comment