Thursday 1 August 2013

Truth Hurts

KS_Beautiful Lie

I was watching my favourite show on BET, 'the game' and this song started playing in the background. I had no clue who the artist was but thanks to good old Google, i found out. The well written lyrics and lovely voice got me hooked. After a few replays, the lyrics got me thinking. In the song, Katlynn sings about refusing to believe the truth of the infidelity of her beau and preferring a lie to that reality.

This got me thinking about a lot of relationships today in Nigeria where some women would rather turn a blind eye to the infidelity of their partner. Some women  really prefer not to know the truth because they probably feel what they do not know wouldn't hurt them. I really cannot understand why a person would rather live a lie. I would rather know the truth and get hurt. Pain is not always a bad thing. Sometimes one needs pain to grow. Getting hurt would ensure the same mistakes are not made again and would allow for one to make better choices next time. Of course, there are some women who go through the same experiences over and over again without learning. Generally, people should not see getting hurt as the end of the world. I'd rather get hurt than live a lie with a cheating man. Women need to know and understand that they deserve better. They really do.

Even though i dont quite agree with 'living a lie', i honestly do enjoy the song. This is the effect of raw talent which cannot be denied.




xoxo

No comments:

Post a Comment